I tried to find out how many members of the US House and Senate were grandparents but could not easily locate that data. I did find their ages and most of them are old enough to qualify as grandparents.
Even if they are not willing to think about the rest of us, they should at least consider their grandchildren.
They should all support GAG (Grandparents Against Guns.) Write them!
Allow possession of guns in existence at the time of the adoption of the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution: 1791.
Perhaps it is time that those of us who are grandparents take a stand against guns. We can start small and use MADD as an example.
1. No automatic weapons.
2. No weapons in schools or other places with a large number of children,
3. No concealed weapons.
4. All guns registered and licensed. Owners, and those in possession, facing at least the same restrictions as car owners/drivers.
5. Mandatory jail time for anyone caught with an illegal weapon; no exceptions.
6. No illegal weapon “grandfathered in.”
7. Absolute liability of gun owners/users/possessors similar to the liability of an owner/possessor/keeper of a wild animal.
8. All gun owners required to have liability insurance.
Think about it….
I am curious; about life stages, surroundings, people, especiallyold people; and, the rest of life. This is simply another stage; albeit, next to last, and I plan to make the best of it.
I travel, even if it is only around the block. I will give each experience a Senior-Twist! Old is for adventure.
I have inserted links to other web pages. This will allow you to get current information even though you might be reading this years after the fact.
At my age, I need a large red button on my computer keyboard labelled “SENIOR” in addition to the one I have that shows I am running out of time. When I press the “Senior” button it will disable everything on my computer except for:
- Skype – I need to call my grandkids.
- The obituary page.
- Stock market update.
- A few other sites that I use.
There will be no ads, no confusing instructions, and no fancy web pages.
It will be a simple layout designed for me alone; and, perhaps my wife. When the button was pressed a second time, it would re-enable the computer so that my grandson could fix things.
Think about it. old people suffer from too much, not too little; and not just in computers. Think about the world you occupy. There are too many choices that require too much time to learn.